PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
The course of our actions and the conduct we exhibit to others not only defines us but those with whom we most closely associate with as well. The Academy CIM’s core mission is service and its values and principles are key to it being able to accomplish its mission. As such it is expected that all those who are associated with the Academy CIM follow these defining values and principles.
- Service Leadership – Through deeply respecting others and desiring to meet the needs of others, true leadership can be attained.
- Doing What is Right – In all things, do what is right, not what is expedient or self-serving; always do what is in the best interest of our clients and associates.
- Principled Walk – Strive to have a principled walk in the market place, seeking always to act as you would wish others to act toward you.
- Optimism - Seek the good in every situation and in every person.
- Demonstrable Actions - In all that we do, let our actions demonstrate love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Prosperity – In everything we do, set the course to prosperity through our selfless service to others.
- Accountability - Always be vulnerable, transparent and accountable to our fellow associates, staff, and clients.
- Humility - Remain humble while resisting pridefulness .
- Confidentiality – Deeply respect the information we receive and keep it safeguarded from harmful use.
- Restraint – Give advice only when asked and then give it sparingly and wisely.
- Social Concern - Have true concern for the plight of society in general and act to improve it whenever possible.
- Care – Care for the interests of others above our own.
- Forgiveness – Choose to be forgiving and also to receive forgiveness.
- Dignity – Treat everyone with dignity and show no favoritism based on class, ethnicity, or any other factor.
- Harmony – For the sake of peace, cultivate and demonstrate unity and harmony.
- Teachability – Always seek knowledge and truth with a teachable spirit.
- Hope – Embrace hope and share it with others.
- Integrity - Cherish and exhibit integrity, honesty and morality.
- Trustworthiness – Always be mindful of and honor the trust placed in us by others.
- Each person is uniquely created,
- Every human life is valuable,
- Every person should be treated with dignity,
- The medical establishment does not own a person’s health, rather each person controls and is responsible for their own health and wellness,
- What is known today about the human mind, body, and spirit is infinitesimally small,
- Others should be honored as guests, for they walk through the hallowed ground of our lives,
- In regards to the complexity of humankind, there is no ONE right answer when it comes to diagnosis and treatment, for there are many roads to health using integrative medicine,
- Unconditional love heals,
- The body is designed to heal itself; the health professional’s job is to assist the body in that healing process.