Our mission is to shift the healthcare paradigm toward wellness by restoring hope, empowering people, training and supporting practitioners, conducting research, implementing therapeutic innovations, and creating a new global wellness care community.
ACIMconnect.com was established in 2008 and chose the name “Academy of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine”. That name was chosen because at that time, there were many universities in the USA who had recently opened a department of integrative medicine, usually consisting of one or two practitioners performing fewer that four integrative treatment modalities collectively. From the beginning ACIM planned to teach ALL integrative testing and treatment modalities that had evidence of being effective and relatively safe for patient care (thus “Comprehensive” in the name). ACIM was very focused on connecting practitioners who wanted to learn these integrative modalities with practitioners who had already mastered those modalities. ACIM also wanted to connect patients who were seeking certain integrative modalities with practitioners who were skilled in those modalities. Thus, the website domain chosen was ACIMconnect.com.
Academy of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine Values and Principles
The course of our actions and the conduct we exhibit to others not only defines us but those with whom we most closely associate as well. The Academy’s core mission is service and its values and principles are key to it being able to accomplish its mission. As such, it is expected that all those who are associated with the Academy follow these defining values and principles.
- Service Leadership – Through deeply respecting others and desiring to meet the needs of others, true leadership can be attained.
- Doing What is Right – In all things, do what is right, not what is expedient or self-serving; always do what is in the best interest of our clients and associates.
- Principled Walk – Strive to have a principled walk in the market place, seeking always to act as you would wish others to act toward you.
- Optimism - Seek the good in every situation and in every person.
- Demonstrable Actions - In all that we do, let our actions demonstrate love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Prosperity – In everything we do, set the course to prosperity through our selfless service to others.
- Accountability - Always be vulnerable, transparent and accountable to our fellow associates, staff, and clients.
- Humility - Remain humble while resisting pridefulness.
- Confidentiality – Deeply respect the information we receive and keep it safeguarded from harmful use.
- Restraint – Give advice only when asked and then give it sparingly and wisely.
- Social Concern - Have true concern for the plight of society in general and act to improve it whenever possible.
- Care – Care for the interests of others above our own.
- Forgiveness – Choose to be forgiving and also to receive forgiveness.
- Dignity – Treat everyone with dignity and show no favoritism based on class, ethnicity, or any other factor.
- Harmony – For the sake of peace, cultivate and demonstrate unity and harmony.
- Teachability – Always seek knowledge and truth with a teachable spirit.
- Hope – Embrace hope and share it with others.
- Integrity - Cherish and exhibit integrity, honesty and morality.
- Trustworthiness – Always be mindful of and honor the trust placed in us by others.
- Each person is uniquely created,
- Every human life is valuable,
- Every person should be treated with dignity,
- The medical establishment does not own a person’s health, rather each person controls and is responsible for their own health and wellness
- What is known today about the human mind, body, and spirit is infinitesimally small
- Others should be honored as guests, for they walk through the hallowed ground of our lives
- In regards to the complexity of humankind, there is no ONE right answer when it comes to diagnosis and treatment, for there are many roads to health using integrative medicine
- Unconditional love heals
- The body is designed to heal itself; the health professional’s job is to assist the body in that healing process and to not get in the way of that healing.